Friday 3 April 2015

day three: in/con/se/quence

it's quarter past midnight here, and i need to get some sleep, but first let me share my Day 3 poem with you all!

whe prompt for today was to write a fourteener, a poem of indiscriminate length but with fourteen syllables in each line. i kept drawing blanks when i tried to think of something with, you know, gravitas that i could write about, so at 23:52, i sat/lay on/in my bed with my exam pad paper and an old red pen and scribbled out this:

if you can't read my writing or the additions to a few of the lines (i found, as it happens, that i'm pretty good at naturally writing 12-syllable lines once I get in the groove, so i had to add a couple syllables to at least a couple lines!) i've typed it out below :)

in/con/se/quence

A poem with fourteen syllables to each line I write
Eight minutes before midnight, here I sit and sigh and scrawl
With little to inspire my thoughts or set my mind alight
I tap my pen on paper and await the speechless call
Of inspiration, words of magic in my squinting sight
Or a bright bolt of lightning, knowledge that might someday fall
And yet I sit and scribble this inconsequential rhyme
I check the clock again and find that I am out of time.

and now? now for something super consequential like SLEEP ;)

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! For being uninspired, this is truly inspirational. :)

    And check what time you posted: 15:37
    We are nine hours behind the official NaPoWriMo site.

    ReplyDelete